Friday, August 14, 2009

Trying to..

Keep this updated. Let's start again and I'll remember to post once a day. Promise!

I've graduated college and am now living back home, for a few reasons. I don't have to pay rent - which is very important as I don't have a job yet. I can help take care of the house, the dogs and my own horses again. Mom's been doing this for two years while I was getting my degree and it's time I've picked up my responsibilities again. I know Mom likes having me back, too. We enjoy our horses more when we have each other to share them with and we feed off of each other well. Love you Momma. =)


While I'm waiting for someone to actually look at my resume instead of toss it away, I've been getting lazy. Really, really lazy. Cyndi (the owner of the barn where I board) asked me to do morning chores tomorrow around 8 am. Since I didn't know what to do and needed to ask whoever did morning chores, I got up around 7 today to be there by the time they would be getting done. When I woke up, I let all of the dogs outside, fed them, made coffee and headed to the barn feeling productive. I brought in my horses and cleaned them while they ate their breakfast. When Darcy (who was doing am chores) got to the barn, I followed her around asking questions about feed and turnout and trying not to forget the answers. This turned into a little project of mapping out the barn.. and I'm realizing it's a good thing I never considered CAD as a career.

After the barn, I went to lunch with Mom, Patty and Patty's grandkid Marissa. Today was a very productive day. I really like getting a things done and completing something. This makes me want to get something constructive done every day. Today it made me get up early, work with my dog and write this blog. And now it's making me go to the barn, play with and love up on (they say torture) Xenia and Mojo.

2 comments:

Holly said...

well there ya go. Production is good. Wanna sweep up the dog hair today? kthanx, xoxoxoxo Momma.

Courtney said...

Ha-ha. Nice try old lady.