Thursday, August 20, 2009

Clothes

Stagecoach West, an awesome equine store, was flooded. Everything that had been damaged went on sale Monday, and everything else 20% off. We decided on a trip.

Now, Mom should know by now that I am no good at navigating. Most especially when I'm not aware of my role. Apparently, whoever sits in the passenger seat is automatically charged with this duty. Who knew? About a half-hour into it, we're starting to wonder when we're ever going to pick up I-90. I check.. Uh-oh. We're not going to. Wrong direction. Nearly three hours later (and a surprisingly non-cranky Mother Unit, considering) we make our way into the store. Another three hours later, we get ready to check out.

Mojo got new clothes - a headstall, reins and a felt cinch. He needed tack of his own that was fitted for him. We do have a cinch, but it was too big for Mo and I thought the neoprene slipped too much. I wanted to get a bit as well, but I didn't like anything there. That's alright, though. Plenty of places to look. I got a nice pair of barn boots (more like work boots) and nylon reins for Xenia.

I've been working on bareback mane-mounting for the past few weeks with X. She is really good about it. When I get the horses from the pasture, I can't handle three horses at once, so I get Mojo first and then the girls together. After I get Mo and come back, the girls go to the far end of the fence line. I've started bringing two lead ropes - one for after I'm up on Xenia and another to pony Paige with. It's been just a little bit difficult steering X with the one lead rope because I'm limited in what I can ask her to do. The new nylon reins will be awesome.

Time to talk to my girl and go to sleep.

No comments: