Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Beginning

I don't know what to write. This is my first post, and this is as good as a start gets.

Hello world.

I'm sitting in my apartment writing this, watching Fox with Pepsi and Doritos. It's a flashback and I don't think I've done this in a long time. When I lived with my Dad, we would come home from school, grab our food, and watch countless hours of television. Remember Arthur, Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Austin City Limits? I loved those shows. I still love them, through all the things that have changed since then. I'm in college now, living in an apartment, and working in a mall. At work yesterday, I had the nicest customer that I can remember.

He was probably 8 years old. He said please and thank you, knew what he wanted, didn't tap on the glass, and didn't say "EXCUSE ME!" when he didn't get immediate service. I watched him leave, thinking, "Wow. That kid was brought up right." I watched him walk to Borders to his Mom and give his sister the ice cream he bought. The Mom bent down and helped the little girl roll up her sleeves while the boy went into the store and picked up a book. I almost walked over to the parent and told her what a great kid she has, and how he was the nicest customer we've had in a long time.

I wish I had.

I really think the kind ones like that need to know they're appreciated. I think we need to say hello to someone we pass in the street and hold open doors for them. I think we need to stop in the halls and say hello to old friends so we don't lose them. I think we need to take the time.

6 comments:

Holly said...

awwwwww

you are so sweet

and I am not surprised.

sweet is you .... right from the beginning.

*Sarah* said...

YAY!!!!!! YOU POSTED!!!!! You have joined the evil world of blogging. Let it consume your soul.

Sistren that is cute. I also think it's important to tell people things like that, I actually just did a post about that same thing! It's called What I Really Think, I think.

And oh my that is cute. I love well behaved kids. People think kids are screaming and gross all the time but that's only if you suck at life.

Paige said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere Court!

Courtney said...

Thanks Paige! I'm going to try and update often, although it's hard because the only days I have off work are three consecutives. But I'll sure as hell try. =)

Holly said...

Rosie you can post date the posts so they show up when you want.

under new post at the bottom left corner is a "post date" and you can do pending posts. I do that often when I know I'm doing a 3-11 to 7-3

Paige said...

screw that, if I think it, I have to SEE it right then!